Payments and Pricing
Customer Service and Support
TradeUps answers the question of what to do with your old electronics once you buy new ones. We accept a cross section of technology items. Whether it is a cell phone, a digital camera, a computer or something else, we will either make you an offer for it so we can give it a new home or we will responsibly recycle it for you if it no longer has resale value.
The new TradeUps solution offers you:
- Convenience: fast and easy one stop solution to get cash for your pre-owned electronics. That is money in your piggy bank that you can use as you see fit.
- Return on your investment: replacing your camera? Trading it in reduces the cost of new your technology by helping you realize the value from your pre-owned equipment.
It is easy! Follow these simple steps:
- From our front page, you can either navigate to find your product or enter a search term
- Once we know about your product(s): manufacturers, model, quantity, we will figure out if the item still has market value. If the item has resale value, we will make you an offer. If it does not, we will give you the option to responsibly recycle the item.
- If you like the offer put the item in your piggy bank. We will collect your contact information and ask you a few questions. If the item has value, we will send you a prepaid shipping label to send us the item (shipping cost was deducted from the offer). If the item is a recycling item, we will give you a link to a label, you provide the postage.
- After making sure you have deleted all of your data, sends us your item(s) using the shipping label provided.
- Once we receive the item, we will check it over and make sure that it is in the condition you specified, we will send you a check for the offer amount (minus shipping.) [Click here to see more information on determining item condition below]. You will receive your check within 45 days of when we receive the product.
You will receive a Confirmation Email message upon successful on-line trade completion. We recommend that you keep a copy for your records. This message will contain instructions on the next steps to complete your transaction.
If you have multiple locations for the products you are trading in, please email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your product has resale value, it is important to use our shipping label we send to you as a part of the trade process, as it will be used to expedite tracking, identification and processing. If your product does not have resale value and you are sending us the item for recycling, use the label provided. You will need to purchase postage prior to sending the item.
Within one business day of completing your trade, you will be sent an email to the email address you provided. The email will provide the steps for retrieving your shipping label. The email will contain embedded links. Click the link to get to your shipping label. If your item had value, the shipping label will include pre-paid postage. If it is being sent in for recycling, you will need to purchase the postage. Print two copies of your label so that you can attach one to the shipment of your trade-in product and retain the second copy for tracking purposes.
If you are shipping multiple items, please package each item individually and use the appropriate label. It is important to use the correct shipping label for each individual item, as the label is used to expedite tracking, identification and increase the speed of processing.
You have 30 days from the day you completed your on-line trade to return the product.
If you experience technical difficulty in printing your label or you lose your shipping instructions email, please contact customer service at email@example.com.
Lost shipping label
If you have lost your prepaid shipping label, simply refer to your shipping instructions email and click on the link to print out another label. If you are experiencing difficulty printing your label contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will ask you for the following information:
- E-mail Address
- Quote Number (from Confirmation email)
If more than 14 days has passed since you confirmed your trade, TradeUps reserves the right to re-price your transaction quote.
Please follow these guidelines when shipping your traded product:
- When packaging your product, be sure to include applicable installation or system software on CD or diskette, the certificate of authenticity, applicable end user license agreements, and manuals.
- Please ensure that you include any documentation and accessories that were originally shipped with your product. These items could include, but are not limited to: warranty cards, keyboard, mouse, and connection cables. Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade. If you do not have these items, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- Package the item(s) in a sturdy cardboard box designed specifically for shipping using cushioning materials such as bubble wrap to adequately protect your products. If you require boxes, they can be purchased at Kinkos, FedEx, The UPS Store or on-line at onepak.com.
- Tape all edges on the sides, top, and bottom to make sure there are no rough edges that could be snagged by automated mail processing equipment. We do not recommend using masking or cellophane tape. Shipping tape that is 2-3 inches wide should be used.
- Attach the shipping label to the outside of the package. Use a piece of clear shipping tape over the top of the label.
- If the item is TradeUp item, the label is prepaid. You need only call FedEx ground at 1-888-777-7330 or drop off the package at a regional shipping location to send. Be sure to keep the tracking number for proof of shipment. If the item is being recycled, you will need to pay for postage to send it to us.
- Products must be shipped within 30 days of the transaction in order for quoted value to remain valid.
You can find real time status of any package shipped via Federal Express by going to www.fedex.com and entering the tracking number provided on your shipping label.
Payments and Pricing
In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect value due to a typographical error or miscalculation by the database, TradeUps shall have the right to refuse or cancel the transaction within seven calendar days after the date of the actual trade (see Terms and Conditions).
All checks are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service to the address designated in your transaction. Your TradeUps check will be issued by Market Velocity, Inc. within 45 days of our receipt and inspection of your traded product.
If you do not receive your redemption check within the check delivery period listed above, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can research the issue for you.
All products with value are refurbished and resold. Those without value are responsibly recycled. All refurbished items go through a testing and wiping process before being resold. However, it is your responsibility to make sure that all sensitive data has been erased from your item. For more information about wiping data from your item, please see Erasing and Backing Up Data.
How do I determine the condition of my product?
Product is in excellent working condition and needs no refurbishment. It has had regular maintenance performed in accordance with manufacturer recommendations. The body of the product is clean (i.e., no smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches)?
If so, choose Excellent.
Product is free from technical problems (i.e., it does not make noise or run slowly, is not missing pieces, does not have excessively worn parts, etc.) Body of the product has only minor blemishes? (i.e., smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches).
If so, choose Good.
The product has no major technical problems; it turns on and is in working condition but has cosmetic defects.
If so, choose Poor.
Product does not turn on or turns on and does not function properly.
If so, choose, Nonfunctional.
Customer Service and Support
In the event you wish to cancel your trade, simply send an email that includes your name and quote number to email@example.com requesting that your trade be canceled. Market Velocity, Inc. will send you an email confirming the cancellation.
We will send you a series of reminder emails during the trade process if we have not yet received the item.