To complete your transaction, please read these terms and conditions. By clicking on the "Accept" button on your trade, you agree to each of the terms and conditions set forth and/or linked below.
You must return the traded product using the pre-addressed, prepaid shipping label/placard provided.
TradeUps is a service provided by Market Velocity, Inc and Liquidity Services, Inc. (LSI). Any and all transactions conducted on this site are solely the responsibility of TradeUps. The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the TradeUps service. If you have any questions that our Help page cannot answer, please contact email@example.com. We may amend this site at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Terms are effective immediately upon posting. These terms and conditions may not be otherwise amended except for a special circumstance which must be in writing and signed by both parties. This version of the site was first posted on December 8, 2008.
Market Velocity, Inc. will send you a redemption check for your product based on the inspected trade in value. In order to receive your redemption check, Market Velocity, Inc. must first receive your traded product.
Removing Data from Your Current Product
You agree to remove all data from your current product before shipping it. See "How do I remove data from my system?" on our website if you need assistance. By sending Market Velocity, Inc. your product, you agree to release them from any claim as to the product, the data stored in such product, or any information on any media used in conjunction with the product and which you send to Market Velocity, Inc. or for such data's security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use. Market Velocity, Inc. will not be responsible for securing, protecting, keeping secret or otherwise managing any form of data or information that is stored on or otherwise contained in any product that you send to Market Velocity, Inc. (including any computer hard drive, ROM, CD-ROM, disk or other storage media of any form). You bear sole responsibility for removing or securing such data, or for transferring it to a medium under your continuing control.
- For computers, be sure to include your operating system software on CD or diskette, the Certificate of Authenticity, end-user license agreement, and manuals. If your system shipped with a restore CD, each of the above items will be on the restore CD, and not packaged separately. If you have a Microsoft operating system, please erase the operating system software from your device.
- For all devices, please include any documentation and accessories that originally shipped with your product, these items could include, but are not limited to: keyboard, mouse, holster, AC adapter/travel charger, USB/serial cable, connection cables, removable battery (if applicable), lamp, and remote. Failure to include these items may impact the value of your trade.
- Package the item(s) in a sturdy cardboard box designed specifically for shipping. To prevent theft during shipping, pack item(s) in a sturdy non-descriptive box using cushioning materials to keep the product secure during shipping. If "peanuts" or small form packing material is used, equipment must be bagged or shrink wrapped first to ensure no packing materials get inside the equipment. Please ensure that all products are packaged SECURELY in box without room to move. Newsprint is not sufficient cushioning material.
- Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade.
- The TradeUps Program is available to end-users in the U.S. only.
- TradeUps reserves the right to request additional information from the end-user customer at our discretion.
Releasing Rights to Your Traded Product
Once you send Market Velocity, Inc. your product, Market Velocity, Inc. cannot honor any request for return of the product and/or any data or information contained in said product.
To receive your redemption check, you must accurately state your current product's condition. To determine the condition of your trade-in product please refer to the "Determining Product Condition" section of the Help Page. Market Velocity will perform an inspection upon receipt of your product. If the product's condition differs materially from that which you described, Market Velocity reserves the right to re-price your transaction quote using the same condition parameters originally available to you. You agree to state product conditions accurately and to the best of your ability based on the guidelines posted on this site.
Fitness for Sale
You must own the right, title, and interest in any and all items you seek to sell through the TradeUps program. Such items, or the sale and shipment of such items, must not violate any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, or regulations including export laws. You are responsible for complying with any and all such laws. Any items you seek to sell through the site using TradeUps' services: (1) shall not infringe on third party intellectual property rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights), (2) shall not be counterfeit, stolen, or fraudulent.
Redistribution and Recycling of Products
TradeUps will be solely responsible for ensuring that this product is redistributed and/or disposed of in accordance with applicable Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
TradeUps makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information that you receive in relation to your traded product. In the event of typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or product pricing errors or omissions, TradeUps reserves the right to correct the error within seven calendar days of the trade. If TradeUps corrects the error, TradeUps will provide you with the following options: (1) to proceed with the transaction based on the corrected information, or (2) to cancel your transaction, in which case we will promptly send your product back whenever possible or replace it with like product (i.e. similar make, model).
Sharing Information with LSI
We will share your basic contact information (name, email address, address) with LSI, our partner on this trade-in program. LSI may add this information to its customer data base. If it does so, the information will only be used in strict accordance with the LSI privacy policies.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH GEORGIA LAW, AND NO CONFLICT OF LAWS OR PROVISIONS OF ANY JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ANY ACTION AT LAW OR INEQUITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FILED ONLY IN STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS OVER ANY SUIT, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.